No, this isn’t about a classic Western (although we rate Steve McQueen) . . . this is the BIG SEVEN reasons why OEM Genuine Spare Parts are the smart choice.
When it comes to purchasing parts for your orange pride and joy, we know that you want the best. We also understand the realities of life and as we have discussed before, it can be easy to forget why purchasing Genuine or Original Spare Parts for your KTM is important.
So we have seven simple reasons why you should think GENUINE when purchasing your parts.
- Cost of ownership – An OEM part will install as intended, perform true to its specified function and provide more predictable performance over time for a lower total cost of ownership.
- Functionality – Don’t be fooled by claims like “meets OEM standards.” Go for the genuine OEM part that has been manufactured with exact specifications to both fit AND function as intended.
- Current revisions – Revisions of parts, and software occur often. Non-OEM parts don’t take this into consideration. Make sure you’re getting the most up-to-date parts for ongoing performance enhancements.
- Warranty – Most non-OEM parts have limited warranties, or none at all. OEM parts have comprehensive warranties for the part and knowledgeable staff to provide assistance in warranty processes – and will ensure you stay in compliance with warranty conditions.
- Don’t get stuck looking for parts – OEMs know which spare parts to stock, and have them readily available when they are needed.
- Safety – Faulty non genuine parts can cause damage and increase risk to the operation of the motorcycle. Use OEM parts and help prevent mechanical failures before they happen.
- Plan for success – Work with the OEM part for planned maintenance and rest assured that you always have the right part with the right advice ready when you need it.
Plus – your local authorised KTM dealership has knowledgeable staff ready to assist you with your parts purchases. Save yourself the hassle by asking the experts at your local KTM dealer. They’re trained and ready to help!